All my children have fair hair and skin, so I’m always paranoid with them in the sun. I would hate for them to ever burn and damage their skin. I put a hat on and use UV suits and tops when they are on the beach or playing in the paddling pool for long stretches of time. Mustela sent us some of their Very High Protection Sun Lotion and Spray to try out over the summer holidays and I’ve been really impressed with it. At the bottom of this post is a chance to win a Mustela Very High Protection Sun Spray For face and body – babies and children (SPF 50 + UVB – UVA 22 PPD).
Some reasons why I have been impressed with the Mustela sun care range are;
If you haven’t visited their website Mustela have loads of advice and tips on baby, child and pregnant skin care. I love their rules for sun safety;
“- Avoid exposing your baby to the sun, especially between 11:00 AM and 4:00 PM.
– Always look for shade when the sun is intense.
– Never leave your baby naked or in a bathing suit in the sunlight. Dress your child in loose-fitting clothing made of thick cotton to filter UV rays, plus a wide-brimmed hat and appropriate wide-brimmed or goggle sunglasses (EU standard, UV category 3 or 4).
– Apply a thick layer of a sunscreen product with an appropriate SPF index (50 or above), 20 minutes prior to exposure. Focus on sensitive areas that receive extra exposure (forehead, cheekbones, nose, lips).
– Protect your child even in the shade or cloudy weather: more than 80% of UV rays pass through clouds, and a parasol does not provide adequate protection.
– Avoid potentially allergenic sun protection; instead, use mineral or organic mineral sunscreen.
– Reapply the sunscreen product generously every 2 hours and after the child has been in water.
– Make sure your child drinks regularly, even if he doesn’t ask to.
– Take proper care of your sunscreen products: be sure to close the tube or spray cap tightly, don’t leave products in full sunlight, and never reuse a product the year after you opened it.”
They also have advice on choosing the right sunscreen for your child and other articles on things like the danger of the sun and protecting your baby from the sun.
Enter below to win a Mustela Very High Protection Sun Spray. Good luck!